VisualxMed is looking for a brilliant Back-End Web Development Intern to be a part of our founding engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of front-end technologies and experience integrating front-end elements with server-side logic and maintaining a central database, to ensure stable and efficient performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Ability to write simple, clean, efficient code
- Demonstrated proficiency of a back-end programming language: PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, Java
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience using version control, GitHub or similar
- Startup experience
- A passion for health awareness and graphic design
Expected Time Commitment: 5 hours per week
Note: This is an unpaid internship with possibility of leadership position contingent upon performance.
Click here to apply!